Mandrake Linux asks users for "ergonomic" feedback

spinynorman

Here's your chance guys, let Mandrake know what you think. I know a lot of you have opinions here, I've read many of 'em :P

:lol:

Going through it right now and found an interesting choiec. They have a drop down menu for a question about disaibilities they should take into account in developing software, one of the choices is "Dumbness". Not exactly politically correct, are they? :D

Edited by tyme

The idea is to see exactly how the majority of users actually make use of their systems. Asking "what should we change?" is like asking "what's your name?", everyone has a different answer. If they know how the majority use their systems, they can design better for that majority.

It's a very well designed survey, it gets just the information they need to step back and look at their design.

Edited by tyme

That's nice, just filled it in. You would think they would be more curious about what features their users would like though... (I'm talking about spontaneous responses here)

Agreed. Overall I thought the survey was well worth doing (and it is nice to see something like this happening), but I also wish they had asked what sort of features we would like to see (and perhaps which ones we would like to see the end of)

I answered, but some of the questions were vague. Especially the ones with the option 'Check this box only if you edit system files to configure your computer'. If I check that box, does it count against my maximum number of boxes for that question? Am I only supposed to check that box if I *never* go through the gui? Is that box only to be checked if you don't check any others? Is that really what the question means, or is a language problem?