*Mule

a13x

Theese mules are a pain in the *** in Linux ! In WinXP eMule does it's job very well but here a f***ing library is missing and I cannot install the Mule. I've tried lMule, xMule and aMule and they all ask for this sh**: libwx_gtk-2.4.so.0. I've searched the Internet, found two possible matches and installed both of them but the Mule still asks for that crap.

Can anyone please give me a link to that stupid and annoying library ?

If you have installed that file it is already on your PC. No need to go looking for it on the internet. :) To be sure open a console and type (as root), updatedb. Log out as root and type locate libwx_gtk-2.4.so.0.

If it is found that means *mule is looking for it in places where it is not.

So what you have to do is link the file to a place where *mule expects it. Usually the error message will tell you where that is (usr/lib or usr/local/lib or something like that)

Linking HOWTO: as root type ln -s <place of file> <place where you want it to be>

Good luck

It seems that the library is no where to be found. I typed locate ....... and it returned nothing. Where can I get that extremely annoying library and why can't the developers include those libraries in their packages ??? Maybe they want to annoy us, the users. :wall:

I've tried lMule, xMule and aMule and they all ask for this sh**: libwx_gtk-2.4.so.0. I've searched the Internet, found two possible matches and installed both of them but the Mule still asks for that crap.

I use aMule and must tell you that everything you need you can download from their download section, and they do have their own forums (where you could have made this question), in one of them (amule_help i pressume) there is a sticky post with step-by-step instructions on how to install everything aMule needs and the program itself, which i followed and have had the prog working for a loooooong time.

Or did you make a typo? Use copy and paste. Saves you so much time....

Anyway, this file is part of libwxPythonGTK2.4-2.4.0.6-1mdk.i586.rpm for Mandrake 9.1. On my PC (mandrake 10)a new version of that file is called libwx_gtk2u-2.4.so.0. You can link this file to libwx_gtk-2.4.so.0 and ususually it will work. However if you use Mandrake 10 I think you will be better of finding rpms for *mule for that version of mandrake.

Good luck

Good luck.

Okay, did you run 'updatedb' as root before you tried this?

Yes.

I use aMule and must tell you that everything you need you can download from their download section, and they do have their own forums (where you could have made this question), in one of them (amule_help i pressume) there is a sticky post with step-by-step instructions on how to install everything aMule needs and the program itself, which i followed and have had the prog working for a loooooong time.

I've just tried it and it didn't work for me. I get the same stupid error:

Some package requested cannot be installed:

aMule-2.0.0rc5-1mdk.i586 (due to unsatisfied libwx_gtk-2.4.so.0) (Y/n) y

I'm sure I typed the commands correctly, because I managed to install the 2 libraries from the aMule site: wxGTK-2.4.2 & wxBase-2.4.2, made the links but still the mule is stubborn and won't install. This is getting crazy. Why couldn't they just include all the crap in a whole package ? :wall:

This is getting crazy. Why couldn't they just include all the crap in a whole package ?

:unsure: :unsure: IMHO you are the one getting a litle bit out of hand, calm down mate, and keep in mind that you are talking about the unselfish work of others, i think that should deserve your respect. :deal:

I didn't install amule from rpm (altought it should work with the too), try downloading the tarball and follow this instructions:

• tar -zxvf aMule-X.X.X.tar.gz (replace X with the right version number..)
  • cd aMule-X.X.X
  • ./configure --disable-debug --enable-optimise && make

When that finishes you can try to start aMule:

• cd aMule-X.X.X/src
  • ./amule

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember that you need to have installed all this before compiling aMule:

• wxGTK-2.4.2-1.i386.rpm
  • wxGTK-devel-2.4.2-1.i386.rpm
  • wxBase-2.4.2-1.i586.rpm
  • libcryptopp5-5.1-2mdk.i586.rpm
  • libcryptopp5-devel-5.1-2mdk.i586.rpm

In this url you can download them all and follow the instructions to install them.

Good luck.

Finally, succes !!!! THX guys especially feralertx.  :thumbs:  :D

:thanks:

I was angry because for the past 3 days I had been triying to install a Mule and none of them worked, but now that everything works I've calmed down :D

Dude, I hate to be the one to say this, but you will likely eventually reach the same level of frustration I did with *Mule. Once you finally get it to install, it will crash at some point and you will tear your hair out to get it going again. Then you may try another *Mule and eventually have the same results there. I finally bit the bullet and am once again dual booting a <gulp> $MS with a *nix to have those few things that are just too much hassle to work in *nix.

Dude, I hate to be the one to say this, but you will likely eventually reach the same level of frustration I did with *Mule.  Once you finally get it to install, it will crash at some point and you will tear your hair out to get it going again.  Then you may try another *Mule and eventually have the same results there.  I finally bit the bullet and am once again dual booting a <gulp> $MS with a *nix to have those few things that are just too much hassle to work in *nix.

Not entirely true...

I used first versions of lmule, then early releases of xMule and now aMule and I have to say that latest beta version 2.0 RC5 is very stable (I had it running for 10 days once).

But anyway, I always have an script I made running so it checks wheter aMule is working and, in case is not, will restart it... can you do that in window$ ?? Because eMule for window$ crashes as well, doesnt it?

But I agree with you that earlier verions werent that stable at all and did crash quite often. After all is a project in an early stage so you know what to expect... although as i said the 2.0 branch is getting very stable. You can always report the bugs you find so will help devs to make it better.

I would rather recommend anyone to use aMule -even not being that stable- than to reboot into window$ where if the app doesnt crash the OS will do. :lol: :cheeky::mr-green:

Dude, I hate to be the one to say this, but you will likely eventually reach the same level of frustration I did with *Mule. Once you finally get it to install, it will crash at some point and you will tear your hair out to get it going again. Then you may try another *Mule and eventually have the same results there. I finally bit the bullet and am once again dual booting a <gulp> $MS with a *nix to have those few things that are just too much hassle to work in *nix.

Well, I don't know if the Mule can frustrate me more than my ISP. They are a bunch of morons. I have to pay 60$ (VAT included)/month for a lousy "broadband" connection that can reach a maximum of 7KB/sec. Downloading is a nightmare but with tons of patience I can get what I want. I'm going to have to switch to another ISP when the contract expires. I'm part of a small network, otherwise I wouldn't be able to pay that.

I would rather recommend anyone to use aMule -even not being that stable- than to reboot into window$ where if the app doesnt crash the OS will do.   

I haven't had crash problems with eMule ...... the strangest thing that has happened was that it somehow uninstalled itself and deleted a part.met file (it was a MDK cd 98.4% completed :(()

I have recently installed SP2 and I have to say that now I get lots of errors although the system runs faster than before.