Help with MySQL

Ok so all I want to know is the proper syntax for this..

mysql nuke < nuke.sql

that gives me the error I have to end it with those things to show its a command.. but this doesn't work either: mysql nuke < nuke.sql;

How am I properly supposed to do this?

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

/*I take it your trying to setup a php-nuke site*/

you could also try webmin or phpMyAdmin to get this done.

Use either one to create a new database and then inport that nuke.sql file.

Yea, you're correct. I will try to look for some feature to import the nuke.sql file but I couldn't see it in the list on phpmyadmin and I've never used one of those programs before so I was just cruising around seeing if I could do it. I'm guessing the nuke.sql might need to be in some directory that I don't have access too like where my desty2k sql thing is. When my account was setup they automatically made me a database called desty2k and it is visible in phpmyadmin. What exact buttons should I hit or what should I do to successfully import nuke.sql in phpmyadmin to desty2k? Sorry I know there is a help site for phpmyadmin and if someone can't help I guess I will resort to that.

This should work... no guarantees tho.

Log on to servers' phpMyAdmin

Click on the link to "Databases"

Click on "desty2k"

Click on the tab "SQL"

Click the "Browse" button to your local copy of "nuke.sql" (you don't need to upload this w/ the other files... can be in your ~home)

Click "go" and it should populate your database with the tables nuke needs.

Hopefully that works, if not, I would delete that database they created and create a new one (name it "nuke") by using the create button on the first page you get when you log in to phpMyAdmin. Then do the steps above again.

Thanks a lot Scoopy. I ended up doing a lot of various commands closely related to anon's and something I did worked so thats how I got my first database up. I just today needed to populate a second one I created and your method proved extremely helpeful and yes it worked :)

Again, really appreciated. Thanks anon and Scoopy.