What Happennnnnnnd?????

darks1dez

Guys something has happened...My linux is not bootong up

IT does not do anything....All I can Access Is My windows....What should I do...How can I uninstall Linux from windows.,,,,HOW DO I UNISTALL LINUX PERIOD...I intend to install it again....But I wanna ask you can I install LInux On an Externel HardDrive...I dont think so...But to Be sure....I HAVE to askk....HELP..I need to uninstall it...Now....And recover ALL my space....Help... :wall::help:

Yup, format/re-partition (preferably the other way around).

If Lilo/Grub are still running your boot partition after that I would leave it that way.

As for Linux on an external harddrive, this is possible although I am not the best person to tell you how exactly. Not to worry, someone who is will be in here shortly I'm sure ;)

Ok I formated the Drive....But It stills says That #gb ARe being used...I assume By a previous Linux Instalation..DAMN.....This is what I see NOw....... 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

all nines What should I do...??? I want to use linux again...But I am going to install it on an external drive.....Because ever since I installed it...My Laptop Has Been going extremely Slow........So either I buy another to have it Just for linux........ or I install it on an External drive...I need Help You guys...... :wall::help::oops::juggle:

hmm, maybe this is a solution: don't know anything better, but I think you have format your HD, not the partition, so reinstall windows again, after installation, put in the externel HD, and install mandrake on the second drive!!!.

If you have only formatted the partition, put in the external drive, make backup's of your windows installation, format the first HD, install windows XP, put back your backup's, and then install mandrake on the 2nd drive

hmm, maybe this is a solution: don't know anything better, but I think you have format your HD, not the partition, so reinstall windows again, after installation, put in the externel HD, and install mandrake on the second drive!!!.

If you have only formatted the partition, put in the external drive, make backup's of your windows installation, format the first HD, install windows XP, put back your backup's, and then install mandrake on the 2nd drive

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Nope ..Nothing at all...All i did Was Restart My computer..And go to Use Photoshop In windoze...that's it...another thing Even with out the problem My computer was going slower than usual...Think Linux caused it........

I Still Want To know If I can install it On an external Drive....and if so...plz tell me how.
:headbang:

Just stick in the mandrake disk, and when it gets to the disk partitions part of the install, select "custom" or "advanced" or whatever the thing is called, delete the old linux partition, make a new one in the same space, name it "/" (yes, you give it the name of a slash character without the quotes), format it again using ext3 filesystem (which is the most rock solid IMO), and then continue with the regular mandrake installation.

I think you see this error message because you would have formated or deleted the partition on which you had installed linux. But your Linux bootloader is still there on the Master Boot Record (MBR). So when you start your computer this boot loader still looks for your Linux and as it doesn't find your Linux it sends this error message.

To fix it, I do think you should rewrite your MBR by booting your PC with a Windows bootdisk and at the command prompt type "fdisk /mbr" (without quotes) to restore your MBR with the Windows bootloader.