Driver needed, but I can't find it...Help!

Guest Darkstar083

Guest Darkstar083

I am trying to install mandrake 10.0 on a Compaq Proliant 3000 server. The server reads from the cdrom fine until i actually start the installation process. Then I get the message:

No cdrom device detected

Or some such similar thing. I'm assuming that I just need to find a driver, but it has so far eluded me. I checked on the HP site and didn't find one. Can someone please help me?

p.s. I tried the noauto setting and it didn't work.

usually, mandrake automatically detects the cd-rom drives. i almost believe your cds are not that good. have you checked your cds properly (md5sum)? maybe they are a bad burn, maybe scratched, maybe bad download,... :unsure:

Edited by arctic

yeah, that is weird, but it also happened to me that i had once a bad burn and it booted fine, until installation began. then it was unable to detect my second hd and my second cd-rom drive. :blink:

Guest Darkstar083

well, i still have the .iso files on disc, so i could convert them again and burn them again, but i thought there might be a simpler solution than that. if anybody else doesn't have any other ideas i might have to just try that.

this is what i get for trying to run my own server :wall:

How are the hard drives and cdrom connected?

The initial install from boot in the bios uses a different driver than the mandrake one that is used for the rest of the install. Basicly the OS driver has to take over the install and its having trouble recognizing the cd rom.

Either that or you have a bad burn.

• 3 months later...

Darkstar, Did you resolve this issue???

I'm in the same boat. Machine config is....

1 x IDE CDROM - Motherboard Interface

1 x SCSI HDD - Motherboard interface

1 x Smart-Array 3200 controller with a single volume created.

Same deal, install begins... it loads the Smart array driver, then the Sym 83cXXX driver then tells me that there are no CDrom drives installed.

I've tried loading various .ko drivers from within the install, but with no success.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Timbo.

Darkstar, Did you resolve this issue??? 

I'm in the same boat. Machine config is.... 

1 x IDE CDROM - Motherboard Interface 

1 x SCSI HDD - Motherboard interface 

1 x Smart-Array 3200 controller with a single volume created. 

Same deal, install begins... it loads the Smart array driver, then the Sym 83cXXX driver then tells me that there are no CDrom drives installed. 

I've tried loading various .ko drivers from within the install, but with no success. 

Help would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers, 

Timbo.

...and to add insult to injury, I just installed Mandrake 9.1 with no problems at all.

I've just finished downloading the 10.1CE ISO's, so I'll give them a go and see what happens.