Just got my Linux Yea!

Guest Kaladon

• 2 weeks later...

Well at least someone got their distro. I'm still waiting and getting damned frustrated with Mandrake. I pre-ordered 9.0 standard edition back in Oct. and I am still waiting. I got 2 emails from Mark Walker at Mandrakesoft in late Nov., with a story on why I haven't got my distro yet and shoot I'm still waiting. Supposedly it was supposed to be shipped the first week of Dec. I have emailed him as well as called the Pasadena, Cal, office and get no replies. In fact today (12/27) I tried to use the email address given by the computer voice at their office and it just bounces back. :evil: I just don't know what to do next. I had a friend download 9.0 back in Nov., and it turns out that the 3 cd is bad. I need stuff from it like gzip and setserial and the 3rd cd is corrupted. I plan on looking for a napster-like place and try to download the 3rd cd so I can get things going again. I have a standard 56K modem. I just picked up a Linux compatible DVD player and figure I'll probably need things from the 3rd cd to get it to work also.

Any ideas as how to get ahold of a live voice at Mandrake or at least a real email address?? The email address given to me on the phone was: serviceeu@mandrakestore.com .

Later. Pepse.

Guest Kaladon

Well pepse, im sure you know that linuxcd.org has distro cd's for sell at bargain costs. The only reason i bought from mandrake, was 1: to help support the community, and 2: the books that come with it...

But to tell you the truth, ive looked in the booklets a total of two times... So im sure if you buy from the site i mentioned from, then you can always say its an expensive backup, if you somehow get your order in the mean-time.

I know how frusterated you must be, i was totally in the same boat.

well i hope i could have spread some light, if it was info you already knew about, sorry for being redundant.

:)

Well for now I found another friend with DSL and had him get me another copy of the 3rd CD. Hopefully it works and will tie me over until MDK sends me my set. As for the manual; I read about 1/2 of the one when I got MDK 8.1 this last Feb., but I know I won't need it now.

Later. Pepse.