Why won't mandrake put firefox in their distro?

io333

I've been using Firefox for YEARS on both Win and Lin because it's the best browser hands down once one learns how to customize it. I think many (most?) if you would agree. But I always have to do a seperate download. Mandrake sticks all kinds of other wierd browsers in their distro that hardly anyone uses, and that are far less useful and stable than firefox. I just don't understand it.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Mandrake comes with Mozilla, which is just as, if not more capable than Firefox.

Anyway, all Firefox is, is just the Mozilla browser, Mozilla without the extras.

Dont be so narrow minded! The other browsers they include are not 'wierd' and random, Konqueror is excellent, Mozilla is excellent. Galeon isnt all that bad either.

iphitus

I always looked forward to the day that the browsers in kde and gnome were better then the dogs, mozilla and firebox, I mean fox. Today, they are. Firetruck, I mean fox is no longer the sleek, light browser it once was.

Konqueror and Epiphany are great browsers. I haven't used Galeon in over a year so I can't comment on it.

I love mozilla because it does everything IE did for me and more. Konquerer i guess is a good enough browser but it has one of the plugin support that IE and Mozilla have (i use alot of flash). It also seemed very basic at best. Mozilla is by far the best internet browser out there.

But that makes no sense at all.  There's tons of software in mandrake that hasn't hit 1.0

1.0 is just a concept, it doesn't really mean anything.

Ah but it does. Mozilla clearly states that it's a Technology Preview. That means that it can eat your computer and leave mozilla blameless. Being fully aware of this MDK might be held accountable for said eating of computer and we can't have that can we?

Just wait until firefox is @ 1.0 then you can bitch at mdk for not including it.

Btw I agree with bvc. Firefox is no longer the sleek beast which it used to be, which is a shame.

It does look better and is more customiazble than IE though so I have it installed. If it weren't for the fact that Konqueror doesn't have support for g-mail yet I wouldn't have many other reasons for keeping it. I hope they speed it up again for 1.0.

As illogic-al said, there are many 'blocker' (show-stopper) bugs that need to be squashed to qualify a 1.0 release. Afterwards, I would expect distro will start shipping Firefox as a choice of default browser.

Edited by zero0w