Looking for a Laptop

jlc

Well, made my choice and got the HP zd7260

3.2Ghz

512MB ram <--updateing to 1GB+ when I get a chance

80GB hd

dvd/cd-rw

Nvidia FX Go5700 64MB <--- didn't want to wait and order from hp and get the 128mb card

CompUSA were I got it from Friday had a NO-TAX sale, plus I got $200 in rebates (cash) & a D-link wireless router 11g for free.

Couldn't pass it up. :unsure:

Anyway, figured I would just go with this one since it has the Nvidia card for my gameing addiction. A lot of people had good things to say about it, so there you have it folks.

Nice rig Cybrjackle! I am waiting on mine to be shipped as we speak. I went with a smaller drive though since the HP ones are seriously slow. I figure I will just end up replacing it soon anyways.

I hope this one does as well for me as my current one. HP has been good to me so far. It will be nice having an Nvidea card now. Gave up on trying to get the ATI stuff to work.

Good luck and look forward to hearing about your experiences.

I just ordered a 1gb stick, (so i can add another one l8r) and a 60GB 7200 Hitachi HD from new egg.

I got a usb 2.0 2.5" notebook hd case and I'll swap the slower 80GB in there and use the 60 for my master, so I should seem some increase in performance by a lot.

I'm trying to decided if I need winblows on there for BIOS updates or anything like that, (or my wife) ;)

What kind do you have?

For me, yep 12" is to small and 8.9 is even smaller :lol: My hands can barley type on the smaller ones.

I'm 6'6" @ 230lbs so a 17" for me is about a 12-15" for the average person. :cheeky:

My current Linux laptop is an HP Ze4200. It has been flawless since the day I got it but now it is time for it to be passed on to my oldest daughter so I can upgrade (how I love back to school).

The new laptop I've ordered is the ZV5000V with the Nvidea 64 mb card, AMD 64 3000+, and the usual suspects under the hood. Only thing I really altered as the HD since I plan on replacing it.

I am looking forward to the challenge of getting everything working on a new lappy under Linux. Suspect wireless will be the hardest part but the AMD 64 processor may prove to be an issue to. Sure hope not.