php

ncb

i'm getting this error when opening http://localhost/nuke/admin.php

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/nuke/auth.inc.php on line 24

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/nuke/mainfile.php on line 76

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/nuke/mainfile.php on line 315

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /var/www/html/nuke/mainfile.php on line 96

Now when i go to each of these files, the resulting line on those lines is this:

list($pass, $admlanguage)=mysql_fetch_row($result); -- auth.inc.php line 24

list($pass)=mysql_fetch_row($result); ---- mainfile.php line 76

list($pass) = mysql_fetch_row($result); --- mainfile.php line 315

while(list($bid, $bkey, $title, $content, $url, $blockfile) = mysql_fetch_row($result)) {

--mainfile.php line 96

So the page localhost/nuke/admin.php opens up and displays with those errors at the top then the 96 one stuffed in the center left of the page. I can't login to the Admin thing because nothing happens when I enter in God and Password and click enter. Where do I go from here I want to shoot myself?

do you have mysql installed (and running)?  do you have it set up correctly to work with phpnuke?  (i assume that's what you're using)

I do have mySQL installed and it works I can log into it via the terminal as su root and then i do mysql -u root -p and enter my password and i get a mysql prompt. I created the correct database that phpnuke recognizes in the config.php file as well. Other then that I don't know what else I'm supposed to config to make phpnuke properly work I assume it is done. I did what I saw on the phpnuke site in its documentation thing. Also I mean I have no idea what that error means I obviously looked in the source code of that file and pasted that but its foreign to me.. I just need help aghh :(

Did you just upgrade and/or run the upgrade script ? You didn't overwrite the config.php file or use a different phpnuke package from some other site ?

Those error messages usually mean crap. I find most errors are usually due to a wrong config setting, bad upload, or wrong file permissions. You can try running the file below for a better idea of the error (just place in your server's root and open via a browser):

http://nukecops.com/downloads-file-13-details-Analyzer.html

Do you have webmin or phpMyAdmin installed ? You can double-check your databases with these.

do you have mysql installed (and running)?  do you have it set up correctly to work with phpnuke?  (i assume that's what you're using)

I do have mySQL installed and it works I can log into it via the terminal as su root and then i do mysql -u root -p and enter my password and i get a mysql prompt. I created the correct database that phpnuke recognizes in the config.php file as well. Other then that I don't know what else I'm supposed to config to make phpnuke properly work I assume it is done. I did what I saw on the phpnuke site in its documentation thing. Also I mean I have no idea what that error means I obviously looked in the source code of that file and pasted that but its foreign to me.. I just need help aghh :(

I didn't just upgrade or anything all this came off the mandrake 8.2 cd so its all old anyways. The smart thing to do would be to get the most current version of php, apache, and mysql I imagined but I just wanted to make everything work. Anyways I did run the analyze.php and got a million security errors lol, etc. but it didnt' really tell me how to fix anything in the configs if there was something wrong with my php.config. Thanks though, and I'm assuming if I got a host who had phpnuke installed and all the necessities would I just be directed to an admin.php or something page where I would do it all from my browser? I mean I have all this installed locally because I was testing everything out and going to make sort of a "beta" website for myself to see if its something I should do. Anyways I guess my question now seeing as how there is really no advice on how to fix this, is just the question above pertaining to how I would be configuring everything if I paid for a host. With that said, do you guys know any good hosts that aren't too expensive?