DVB module problems

jamespetts

:help:

I am trying to get a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T PCI (TT-PCI-Budget) to work under Mandrake 10. The in-built TV card configuration tool does not detect the card. It is detected in HardDrake as an "other multimedia device".

When I run Xine, and go to "DVB", I get the following error: "There is no plugin available to handle 'dvb://'". On clicking "more", I am shown the following two further errors: (1) "cannot find input plugin for MRL [dvb://]" and (2) "input plugin cannot open MRL [dvb://]". All of the other messages report success (such as, "found input plugin : DVB (Digital TV) input plugin").

I have modprobed dvb-core and dvb-ttpci, and both return no more than a carriage return (i.e., no "not found" error). Am I missing a module? What do I do, exactly, to get it working? I have been searching all day for a solution to this, and still have not found anything on Google or in discussion groups or chatrooms. I should be immensly grateful for any help at all.

Edited by jamespetts

Hi,

jamespetts, did you try to run the tv-card configuration in the harddrake?

I would also like to have detailed instructions on what should be done. I tested an Avermedia DVB-T card which was supposed to be supported in Linux. I didn't have patience (not to mention skills & knowledge) to play enough to get it working. The same applies to my ancient dxr3 card.

Anyway, the dvb card got detected as bt878 (?) in hardware list and running the tv-card setup in harddrake first installed xawtv (at least) and then tried to find channels. It never found any and I gave up (lazy...).

So some guru could maybe do detailed step-by-step instructions on how to set up the system (kernel modules needed, configuration of the card, xawtv etc). My idea was to make a vdr system.

BR

Hashimoto

I have spent hours on Linuxtv.org and still not found the answer to my specific question. As to HardDrake, there is no TV card configuration utility there: the only one is in Mandrake Control Center, and that's the one that doesn't even recognise that I have a TV card in my system.

And there is a pakkacge called dvb-apps-1.0.0-1mdk.i586.rpm. Try to install that. It has channels.confs and tzap (and some others).

If you're lucky that is all you need. :)

(tzap xxxx To sellect a channel

and then

dvbstream -ps -o video_pid audio_pid | mplayer -cache 1024 - if I understand the HOWTO correctly)

Edited by devries