Mozilla hangs

Hashimoto

Due to several reasons I ended up making a new install of the MD10. Now suddenly Mozilla seems to hang every single time I start it. I have both my old .mozilla folder and the new one but there is no difference: Mozilla just hangs and nothing happens. I canät even start typing the url. What could be the problem? It worked flawlessly in the previous install...

Hashimoto

Hanging as in you click on the icon and the browser doesn't go up? Try launching mozilla from a console. You should get some errors to help you solve the problem. Or do you mean the browser comes up and it won't let you type the url? I would try renaming the mozilla folder in your /home, then launch mozilla. It will recreate a fresh folder in cose something was corrup in the current one.

Hanging as in you click on the icon and the browser doesn't go up? Try launching mozilla from a console. You should get some errors to help you solve the problem. Or do you mean the browser comes up and it won't let you type the url? I would try renaming the mozilla folder in your /home, then launch mozilla. It will recreate a fresh folder in cose something was corrup in the current one.

Mozilla starts Ok, but it hangs (at least) when I try to type the url or open another tab. I have tried both with the fresh folder and with the saved old forder. The results are the same. Starting from console does not give any errors (how do I start the debugging).

Hashimoto

Check your DNS settings, I instaled Mdk 10 without a network cable plugged in at first and it set my first DNS source as 127.0.0.1 then my router, then my ISPs DNS servers. It hung any URL request for a few seconds searching all possible local host files, then it went out. Change the first DNS to your router (if you have one) then the others to your ISPs primary and secondary.

Check your DNS settings, I instaled Mdk 10 without a network cable plugged in at first and it set my first DNS source as 127.0.0.1 then my router, then my ISPs DNS servers. It hung any URL request for a few seconds searching all possible local host files, then it went out. Change the first DNS to your router (if you have one) then the others to your ISPs primary and secondary.

Well, I have modem connection to internet. I do have a network card, but it's disabled as I don't have any kind of network currently. Besides, Konqueror seems to work OK, so I wonder if this has anything to do with the network settings (not that I know anything, just guessing). Any more ideas?

Hashimoto

Edit: Got to take back my words. My network card was working after all. Disabling it (this time for real :oops: ) seems to have solved the rpoblem. Thanks xbob !!

Same

Edited by Hashimoto

Well, I have modem connection to internet. I do have a network card, but it's disabled as I don't have any kind of network currently. Besides, Konqueror seems to work OK, so I wonder if this has anything to do with the network settings (not that I know anything, just guessing). Any more ideas?

Hashimoto

Edit: Got to take back my words. My network card was working after all. Disabling it (this time for real :oops: ) seems to have solved the rpoblem. Thanks xbob !!

Same

Glad I could help. :thumbs: