The return of Show Off your Desktop

liquidzoo

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a little something showing off my fake OSX desktop. Gotta love x.org 6.8.0. Right now it has some bugs with Gnome that bother me, but it's sooo purrrtttyy. :woops:

(Oh, running Gnome 2.7.4 btw and it seems pretty nice so far!)

post-2945-1094800721_thumb.jpg

Edited by LukeK

Well by style i really meant "look" why is there nothing for the panel, kicker or whatever you call it on kde-look.org?

look in the "other" section of kde-look and you will find backgrounds for kicker.

and gnome.... well it has pros and cons. i use both, kde and gnome, depending on what i want to do. :)

another screenie for your enjoyment...new xorg with shadows...

The Shadows are looking real nice :P The only thing I dislike about it are the shadows on the top of every window. That makes it look real unrealistic :( The shadows on my OSX are looking real good, if someone knows how te remove these, then these are perfect just like on OSX :P

My new desktop with own made wallpaper from Kiddy Grade :P

post-3876-1095323800_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marvel

people need to make some better programs for managing the shadows. at this point the only real option is xcompmgr - which isn't even in final yet. i'm sure eventually we'll have some form of comtrol over them.

Nothing new just changed my wallpaper and removed the top bar. Oh and removed gdesklets i knew it was a bad idea having that on a pc with 256mb ram. So what do you think i should change?

I used gdesklets on 160mb ram, no swap, 300mhz cpu. The reason why I stopped using it was because it used up too much cpu, usually about 10-20%. But memory was never a problem. If your gdesklets is using lots of memory, there is something wrong with it