triple booting (boot manager?)

Guest theusualfate

Guest theusualfate

I was wondering if anyone knew of any software that would allow when I start my pc to either select to boot into Linux , Windows ME , Or XP , since they have there own seperate partition. Any software that is free would be a big help

thanks again

:D

Don't know about free, but, System Commander or System Commander Personal Edition (comes with Partition Commander) works well.

In your case it would have to be installed in WinME, which must be the first primary partition on the first HDD. Then you hide the WinME boot partition, and make the XP boot partiton (primary) Active. Install XP, then use the Utility Disk One to re-install SC/SCPE. Now you can install Linux.

However, you do need to have the XP boot partition BEFORE the Logical partition. Otherwise, it will see anything other than the partition you want it in, as C:.

By hiding the WinME boot partition, XP sees it as a NON-DOS partition during install. Very Important, unless you want XP to take over the WinME installation. Same is true with any 2 versions of Windows.

In my case, they are Win98SE and Win2000 Pro.

Also, do not use EZBios, cause Linux will throw a hissy fit.

You also need to set your hdd(s) geometry to LBA in BIOS for Linux.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any software that would allow when I start my pc to either select to boot into Linux , Windows ME , Or XP , since they have there own seperate partition. Any software that is free would be a big help

thanks again

Yeah, it is called GAG, freeware and i use it on my PC at work.

http://gag.sourceforge.net/