Programme in desktop

Guest ivan

I have one programme with one mainform.I want run my mainform(programme) in the root window(desktop layer). So my programme is sticking like a wallpaper & do not have taskbar button for it.

How to do that in KDE?

I just now in icewm we add list in 'winoptions'.

thank's for anyhelp.

I use Qt for my programme.My Qt programme is one form with some buttons which can access some applications. I have tried put myQt application in autostart directory. But it doesn't have any effect.

And with my silly way, i have changed the Qt programme name as KDestop, so i erase the exact KDesktop programme(I hope it can be run as desktop),but it doesn't have any effect too.

In KDE you can rightclick the windowbar, choosse advanced, choose screen always in background. That way it 'seems' the program is 'sticking' to the desktop (it will never cover other programs).

You can change in the KDE control center (kcontrol) the options for the taskbar. You could choose 'only show minimized applications'. That way you won't have an open window shown in your taskbar. However this is systemwide so other applications will show the same behavior.

But if I understand you correctly you want to replace the kde window manager with something you have made yourself? Maybe you could post this question in the KDE forums. I'm sure you will find much more knowledgable people there.

Good luck

thank's for your help,it helps me. maybe i still have problem with the taskbar,because i want only my Qt form without taskbar button but other applications will stilll have the taskbar. My purpose here to make myform can not be closed or minimized which can be done if it have taskbar button in panel menu.

Well,with your advise i can make my mainform doesn't have taksbar because i use noborder for my form so it can not be minimized, thank's a lot.But i still don't get the choice for 'screen always in background'. You said by right click the windowbar. Windowbar means toolbar or menubar or....?I have tried make some rightclicks but I still don't know how to get that choice.