Lexmark X5150

kde-head

there doesnt appear to be a driver for the lexmark 5150 in mandrake 10 community.

Its a combo fax, scanner , printer with a connection via usb.

Did a quick google around , and there's very little info on linux drivers for it.

Mandrake 10 does support the 5000 and 5700 series , but i tried both drivers, and nothing much happened.

Any ideas - or should i sell the printer and get something else?

For me Google found only people who couldn't get the thing working so I'm afraid it won't work with Linux.

If you sell it, buy a HP all-in-one. They have good support and should work out of the box: printing, scanning copying. (at least mine did :) )

For me Google found only people who couldn't get the thing working so I'm afraid it won't work with Linux.

If you sell it, buy a HP all-in-one. They have good support and should work out of the box: printing, scanning copying. (at least mine did :) )

yeah - same thing here. noticed a lot people recommending HP and Canon stuff.

Good to hear that you've got an all-in-one hp printer. What's the model and make of it?

the system in question in my uncles (one more added to the Linux userbase!!!) - installed Mandrake 10 on it 2 weeks ago. At least i can try to persuade him to ditch the lexmark on ebay and get a hp all in one instead.

doubtful if he'll go back to windoze - he's just "amazed" at the stability and that "it just doesnt crash".....

Edited by kde-head