urpmi error

psycho-killer

The easiest way to update KDE 3.2.2 is by adding cooker to your repositories. However that is not the safest way. Cooker is unstable and it is possible KDE will not work.

The best way is to download all the Mandrake KDE 3.2.3 packages from one of the KDE mirrors to a folder on your harddrive and add that folder as a repository. You could then install KDE with 'urpmi kdebase'.

About the lock error I don't know but you could ofcourse kill the processes involved. Press in KDE ctrl-esc and look at what processes are involved and look up the PID numbers. Then open konsole, log in as root (because urpmi is a root process) and type 'kill <PID> <PID>' (where <PID> is the pid number)

Good luck

It'd be great if you could paste the error message here. Sorry for the stupid question, but are you trying to install something running 2 instances of urpmi or any other installation program at the same time?

When are you getting the lock error? I know I used to get it a lot when I was updating my sources and if I had to kill console while I was updating or installing something (really slow connection, endless curl errors, etc - I'm not a patient guy-) Now as long as I hit "ctrl C" it won't lock on me.