Making a DVD

AussieJohn

Hello all. I have just acquired a new LG Dual-Layer DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW. burner. I have the full set of 4 CDROMS of Mandrake 10 OE and I am interested in putting all four discs onto the one DVD-R (TDK brand). I also have K3B ver. 0.11.12.

I have experience copying CDROMs including Mandrakes but have always "cloned" the CDROMS so the copies have always been bootable. I believe that there is a special routine to put 4 cds onto one DVD and still be bootable.

Does anyone know it or how to get the routine ??? Would greatly appreciate.

Cheers. John.

Thanks MadDOG and Pinot for geting onto the case. Yes MadDOG, I think it would make a great project especially now that DVD Dual Layer burners are becoming more prevalent and economical to buy.

Cheers. John.

This topic has been talked about several times. Here's the latest where I describe how I do it. I have absolutely no idea why these people are saying stuff like 'the problem is the DVD won't be bootable' I've used this method several times and it works fine:

http://mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=14313&hl=burn

P.S. Is there anyway possible to do away with the forbidding of words less than four letters when searching this board???? One cannot search for "burn + dvd + iso" for example.

Not if we want to retain "full text search"

You can however do burn+dvd+iso* which will throw up not just posts that contain all three words, but also posts which have only one or two of the words.

This topic has been talked about several times. Here's the latest where I describe how I do it. I have absolutely no idea why these people are saying stuff like 'the problem is the DVD won't be bootable' I've used this method several times and it works fine:

http://mandrakeusers.org/index.php?showtopic=14313&hl=burn

sorry about that. i dont read all the threads now like i used to so i dont know that thread. :(

ciao!

Sorry pinoy. I did not mean to be rude. I thought I had typed pinoy but being a 2 finger typist I touched the "t" button instead. "t" and "y" are alongside oneanother.

Cheers. John.

Sorry pinoy.  I did not mean to be rude.  I thought I had typed pinoy but being a 2 finger typist I touched the "t" button instead.  "t" and "y" are alongside oneanother.

Cheers.              John.

no sweat john. i was just a bit confused for a moment there. and pinot doesnt have a meaning in my dialect so you did not say anything rude. :D

ciao!

if you have the CD's you can make ISO's with mkisofs.

the scripts require that you have all the ISO's in one directory, so they wouldn't work with the cd's - unless you did a slight rewrite of the scripts.

With the method I suggest in the link in my last post, it actually makes no difference as to whether you have the CDs or the ISOs. The MakeCD script, that is on the disks already, works fine.

Edited by Steve Scrimpshire