I Need A Program To Run Games

t_101

I was wondering if there are any programs I can download so I can use games that are made by Windows. If any let me know.

Also when my computer loads my desktop icons dissapear and I don't know how to get them back. I have desklets and that weather box on the left so I think that has something to do with it. Thanks for any help.

-t_101

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

First question: Cedega from www.transgaming.org; but it's not free. And it will only run *certain* games, not all (take a look at their compatibility list on the website)

Second question: I have no experience with this, but I think it is important to know what Window Manager and programs you are running. You're saying you're running Gnome (which version?) with Gdesklets?

Edited by Darkelve

I am running KDE 3.2  instead of Gnome and yeah its gdesklets.

I doubt it's desklets, more a problem with either metacity or nautilus (which draws your desktop in Gnome unless you tell it not to). Or - maybe you had a desklet covering your icons.

And you should really use the search function on this board - there have been a hundred posts about playing Windows games and how to do it.

SoulSe are you saying that kde can't run gdesklets? Because if so I have KDE and I'm running a system info gdesklet along with Good Weather. I installed them for him. And they haven't gave me any problems.

-Luis

SoulSe are you saying that kde can't run gdesklets?  Because if so I have KDE and I'm running a system info gdesklet along with Good Weather.  I installed them for him.  And they haven't gave me any problems.

-Luis

Not at all, I just assumed that he was running Gnome, because most KDE users would go for karamba instead. Running gdesklets in KDE seems a little weird. But whatever, linux = choice and all that ;)