Install MDK 10, halfway it hang

Guest angck

Guest angck

I try to install MDK 10 official but the computer halfway hang up.

My machine is:-

Athlon XP 2.4

MSI K7N motherboard

Nvidia Geforce display card

AverTV GO 007 TV card

first I thaught there is problem install with Chinese Simplified Language but

eventhough start wit English, it can start install but some packages like Openoffice it said that there is an error and then it hang again.

However, cheksum the ISO files, ther is no error on it. One more thing is thre any CD 4, because it ask for it.

By the way I do not have problem installing the previous version of Mandrake such as 9.1 & 9.2 in which I start install withe Chinese Simplified language.

I wonder anyone have this type of problem. Now I go back to my 9.1 & 9.2 again.

Regards

You could try reburning.

It sounds like a bad burn so far.

Its probably stuck reading from the cd and can't get past a bad file or two.

Burn it slower and on a cdrw if possible.

When it asks for the 4th cd just continue without it. You can install everything on it later from the net.

Guest angck

I have try the above suggestion but still fail to install. One thing I forget to mention I have XP in 1st partition and 2nd is my Linux partition and 3rd as ext partition in which swap and 4th is my dat partition. I do not have any problem install the old version of MDK. Now I got this problem. What is the bug behind?

There is no problem install into AMD K6-2 50MHz board(PC100 board) but slow. Is it due to LG DVD rom, but Ihave tried to disconnect the DVD rom but the same problem pop-up. Look like I have to stick to MDK 9.1 or 9.2 which is working very well for my machine or other distribution suach as RedHat.

Guest angck

This is me again. I try to burn the CD, this time <8x.

Without changing the bios.

I start to install F1 and start linux noapic.

It goes well wtihout any error or hanging. I use the fresh install on my extended partition (I also start with Cninese Simplied Language).

The only thing is that sometimes it will hang when it boot under kernel 2.4 or 2.6. Even you upgrade your kernel or your packages.

During boot up, it will some error messages including the network card can not detected or communicate.

After booting up, you will get KDE window enviroment. some times you run cetarin program it will hang just like Microsoft window. For example, if I try to do test print on my Epson printer, it will hang half way it print. I suppose this should not happen under linux enviroment. It look like MDK 10.0 got a lot bug which not yet fixed up. This is why I still have my MDK 9.1 on my primary parttion which can said to be stable on my machine compare with MDK 9.2 , 10.0.