Update Software

rockybalboa

I have been trying to use the MDK update too through the MCC. I followed the instructions on "Easy URPMI.org" because it looked like I was having a problem connecting to the mirrors. When inputing the mirror info Easy URPMI spits out through a terminal, I get the following errors:

unable to take medium "main" into account as no list file [/var/lib/urpmi/list.main] exists

retrieval of source ndlist (or synthesis) failed no hdlist found for medium "main"

unable to take medium "contrib" into account as no list file [/var/lib/urpmi/list.contrib] exists
Does anyone know what my problem is and how to fix it?

I have been following the urpmi.removemedia -a instruction (from easyurpmi.org), since the first failed attempt. After the first couple of tries with the same results, I went in through the MCC and removed the mirror entries, still got the same outcome. I'm sure that I didn't intentionally mess with these things prior to what I mentioned above.

Thanks to anyone who can offer help.

Dan

P.S. For the record, I searched a couple hours for my own answer and didn't get far.

I was running in to this a lot over the weekend and last night, says the PLF mirror I had set up was down. I finally gave up and did a urpmi.removemedia PLF and then used the list at easy-urpmi to generate a new one, back to working like a champ.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it normal for all of them to be updating at the same time? I can't seem to get anything from the lists at Mandrakesoft or easyURPMI today. I was looking because my update_source (Strasbourg Uni, the only online source I've used in the past) wasn't working last night, although I'd successfully installed a couple of months' worth of updates from it earlier yesterday.

I also had a power-outage yesterday - I'm sure that's not good, but I had restarted after the updating so would think my local hdlist would be okay...darn well hope so anyway...

Can anyone offer confirmation about the current levels of availability? I've been trying various UK/EU sites including the PLF one at ftp://mandrakeusers.org with no joy. I've tried Community and Official repos. I've tried doing it through MCC and through bash using easyURPMI-generated commands. ...Nothing.

Edit: found a working mirror eventually (ftp.club-internet.fr) and seems to be synching allright with RPMDrake. Conclusion: Sites at Mandrakesecure are not reliable, nor are those at easyURPMI. Go for the download page of Mandrakelinux main site.

Edited by Havin_it