Doing a website, the standards way

Guest Adriano

Guest Adriano

Ok, changes so far based on all your comments:

-The Sections links now have a clearer border, so do the form fields in the Contact us page.

-Every image now has the most correct title and alt I could put to it (I have to speak about this with the people at the studio).

-The Sections links are now in a bigger font that makes them (hopefully) easier to read. The colours of the "You are here" link, though, remain the same. I tried white on a darker background than the others, but it's just too dark and the page "falls to the right". Will think about it.

-Minor bugs are now fixed, one remains: in Opera, the "Delete" button on the mailform (contact us page) is longer than the fields above it... It only shows up in Opera, and I haven't found a way to solve it without upsetting Mozilla and IE, so I'm afraid it stays.

Hi,

I think it is better with the changes now :)

I also wanted to point you at a tutorial on ALA about horizontal dropdown menus. Maybe you will have use for it sometime, since that's kind of the menu you are using. Might be interesting:

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/horizdropdowns/

Guest Adriano

I'm a regular reader of ALA and Zeldman, its editor. In fact, most of what I know comes from "Designing with web standards", his recent book. I thoroughly recommend it to anybody wanting to update their web designing skills. The only low for me is that it includes a lot of text oriented to managers (they have to be sold on this too), and I wanted more code and tips, but still I think it's essential.

So I did read the tutorial, and in fact did try it with this website. I just didn't fancy it... Maybe next time. Thanks for pointing it out, though.