? on KDE and making Shorcuts on it w/Mozilla

eroica

:wall: hello,

here's a simple one. When i drag url from Mozilla 1.5 to KDE desktop I dont get a url s/c on my desktop instead I get prompt to name text file that url will then go into. How can I make the dragging of url in Mozilla adress bar appear directly as a shortcut like u can do w/IE in Windows. Please no comments about the use of the W word in the forum...

thanx,

alan

if you want a web-shortcut on your desktop, just click with the right mouse button somewhere on the kde desktop and select: create new → data (i hope it is called this way in an english-mdk-version) → link to web (url). B)

nope

in the english version it's 'create new'>file>'link to location'.

Of course, this is not as simple as in windows where you can drag and drop, but hey, it's a different OS. it does some things better, some things worse and most everything differently.

ok thanx it is a little more work then drag and drop but is better then the text file I was getting. I think that is one improvement that should be put on next iteration of Mozilla. How does one go about adding sugestions for features in Mozilla???thanx for the tip

alan