My RPMDrake May Be Screwed...

Guest Blue Storm

Guest Blue Storm

OK, so I open up the menu and go system -> configuration -> packaging -> Manrake Update and select from a list of FTP sites. No matter which site I chose a box telling me it is updating the media pops up and the cursor turns into a watch when hovering over it. It then stays like that indefinatley until I try to close it and I get a message that it encountered an error.

Is there any way to, I don't know, reinstall the updater? Or another way to do it that wont freeze up?

Darn Liquid I was just going to recommend this, I was going to give him a link to that tutorial that you and Iphitus made. But the link is broken, hmmm arrrrrr I almost helped some one.....lol Later

-Luis

i've had that happen to me several times. that's usually indicative of a mirror being down. i would suggest try using an alternate mirror if/when you run into that problem. you can choose one using the easyurpmi method mentioned above, or in your MCC->software manager, open the media manager, click "add", choose update source, choose a mirror from the list, let it overwrite your existing source when it gives you the warning that an update source already exists.

Chris

Thanks scoopy,

I was originally going to add this here which at the time I was reading this post this link must of been broken or something, so I wasen't able to do anything, I first used this and it helped me a ton.

-Luis :D

Thanks scoopy,

I was originally going to add this here which at the time I was reading this post this link must of been broken or something, so I wasen't able to do anything, I first used this and it helped me a ton.

-Luis  :D

Remember this board is being upgraded, so weird things can happen...

Darkelve

(P.S. Phoenix, try typing about:Mozilla in your browser if you use Mozilla/FireFox :) )