characterise your distros

Gowator

RobF wrote ....

Xandros 2.0: Honda Accord (nice car)

Mandrake 10.0: BMW

Libranet 2.8.1: Volvo or 4WD pickup truck

Mepis: Corvette

Yoper: Jaguar?

which is really cool..... and he obviously put some thought in!

So then i thought we should keep this going on its own thread...

I felt kinda guilty stealing the idea for 10 secs then ... ah well

Xandros : (Honda Accord) Steady and starts uop every morning with a few nice touches. Feels well built and quietly well designed

(only goes to a 2.2V6 if i remember tho)

Mandrake 10: BMW: I'd say its the M3.... its pretty quick but they throw in everything... you can turn off the ABS and handling aids if youtr determined to wrap round a pole....

Yoper: Hmm Jags are a bit more solid/stead and reliable, if your looking for that character i'd go for a TVR...

Debain Stable is like the old landcruiser.. still going and always gets there in the end...

Linspire/Lindows... this is the toyota corolla... auto warnuing lights and all and won't let you switch on the engine if the warnings are there. DIY repairs are out!

LFS... Is the kit car... it arrives it bits and unless its a rainy summer it will stay in bits!

Gentoo... is the semi built kit car.(Ahh nice Lotus 7) .. its laready so close to being a finished perfectly customised for YOU car its likely you'll be spending sunny days finishing it off, but if it does go wrong youll know how to fix it yourself!

so keep em coming....

okay, here are some more:

SUSE = VW Phaeton (tries to be more than it is)

Ark Linux = Tatra (somehow never gets completed)

fedora = Ford Mondeo (same old engine paired with new state-of-the-art-design)

Slackware = Morgan +8 (only few dare to drive this "car" and they need to know everything about their baby, as no garage is willing to repair it. the few users are proud of their "car", which is extremely fast and stable, once it runs)