Need Help for Win2000-domains and LM10.0

qeldroma

Hello again,

i never did something with samba, so i've got no clue, what i will have to fight with.

What do i want?

Tomorrow, i'll have to connect a Mandrake-client to a LAN with Win2000-stucture. The difficulty is, that i'll not have the time to correct something or search a problem!

In Detail, i'll have to show up, that Mandrake on Desktop is usable(!!!) and that there is no problem at all to integrate it in Win2000.

Therefore, i will show the installation and after that, the integration in LAN.

Can someone PLEASE give me a failsafe step-by-step guide to connect the Mandrake-client as a win2000-client to the LAN without any problem? Please have in mind, that some persons will have a look over my shoulder, so this should take not more than some seconds...

The things i'll have to show is that i want to browse shared ressources, so there is a login as a Win2000-user needed.

Additionally, i want to use a printer in the network which is managed by< user-rights, too.

I am doing this a little bit right out of the blue, but i amsure, that Mandrake can do it, so please give me a help :thumbs:

Moved by Ixthusdan