10.0 official release and 3c905 NIC

Guest penguinview

Guest penguinview

I just installed Mandrake 10.0 official release and noticed that all went well except that my 3com 905 NIC does not work. It detects as a 3c59x in modules.conf, but does not load. I tried making it 3c90x, but still does not work.

This just does not seem cool!!!!

I read a post about someone else that had the same problem and fixed it by doing a total reinstall without the hotplugging feature. Is there a way to disable this with out having to do a total reinstall?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

David

I have the same nic and works fine now. I remember having some issues when i first installed 10.0 OE but after the updates the problem was gone. Do as scoopy said, install the updates, and if still doesnt work afterwards i'll be glad to post my config files (modules.conf and others) to help you out.

Guest agourn
I have the same nic and works fine now. I remember having some issues when i first installed 10.0 OE but after the updates the problem was gone. Do as scoopy said, install the updates, and if still doesnt work  afterwards i'll be glad to post my config files (modules.conf and others) to help you out.

Hello,

I have the same pb on Mdk 10 Official. The 3com 3c905B NIC is detected with it's driver 3c59x but it doesn't work. I am interested in any config files to help me configuring it.

Thank you

Agourn

I have the same pb on Mdk 10 Official. The 3com 3c905B NIC is detected with it's driver 3c59x but it doesn't work. I am interested in any config files to help me configuring it.

No problem, but have you tried doing the updates first? Just tell me the files you want to see and ill post them, or if anyone else knows which ones are needed please let me know. I really do not know what files you need nor where the problem is, all the references ive seen to the nic in both of my "/etc/modprobe.conf" and "/etc/modules.conf" files is this line:

alias eth0 3c59x

but i dont think it does anything at all, -apart that i think i might have added the line myself while playing around with this files- :woops:

I know, not really helpful, :oops: but , as i said, if anyone knows where to look for, ill post the contents of the files here.