Where are the Apache2 configuration files?

Guest J_Cubed

Guest J_Cubed

I've looked as root, and I cannot find anything more than the docs and the libraries for Apache2. :wall: I am using the installation of Apache2 that came with the Mandrake 10 that I downloaded. Where is the configuration file from the Apache2? :help:

Many thanks!

- JJJ

Default Apache2 and PHP installations with Mandrake 10 are at the best of times a pain to configure.

Make sure that if you want to use PHP with Apache (RPM install) that you also installed the PHP libraries for Apache. Once that's done, it should work nicely. Also refer to this post if you wish to use Virtual Hosts.

I prefer installing from source, as more often than not I require some additional compile options, and also, updating to the newest version of PHP is less of a drama. There are plenty of sites detailing how to do this. Also, the base Apache conf files installed with Apache are much cleaner, added that you always get later versions of the software when downloading sources and installing that way.

By the way, PHP 5 was officially released, and it looks really *really* good.

gotta agree with armondf

the compile is pretty simple and you end up without all the weird mandrake stuff...

its not that the weird mandy stuff doesnt work, more that it is a pain to follow the apache documentation if you use it so when you wanna use somethig not already in a mandrake RPM the config files are in the wrong place and the layout is weird.