LAN Connection for Internet

kyzzar

Which version of windex are you using? Check the windex ip. If you have a router/hub, I do not believe you'll need another nic in your pc. The other pc's will feed from the router/hub.

Dear sir,

What windex i dont know that!!!

I have another computer wherein my operating system is windwos 2000

and i have two lan card installed in win2k

THe one lan card i put the static IP address

the other one it generate an start 192.168.0.1 it is my proxy..

In Mandrake 10.0 community i want also to share the internet to the other PC's but my problem is until now i cant connect to the internet...thats my only problem....

I run the MCC in the console

thene here the result:

[root@localhost root]# mcc

[root@localhost root]# error reading information on service zcip:No such file or directory

error reading information on service zcip: No such file or directory

Shutting down loopback interface : [ OK ]

Setting network parameters: [ OK ]

Bringing up loopback interface [ OK ]

Bringing up interface eth0 [FAILED ]

i hope you encountered this sir...

lately my problem there is tmdns and also the zcip

I installed the tmdns from the installed packages and i included the zcip...

thanks\\

Regards

Kyzzar

Ix

From conversations on #musb, I don't believe it is a router. I think it's the DSL Modem going to a Hub then out to the computers.

In that case it might have to do something with the physical connection. When I connected my DSL to my router ( in windows ) my cables came in color coded. Theres was the Red one that goes from my DSL to the router WAN slot. And the Blue cables to go out to the other computers. It's also better if you happened to get the router from the people that gave you the DSL, they some times come pre-configured to work with each other.

-Luis

Sorry about that Kyzzar I didn't see your posts, before I made the one on top, I did some research and I found out that your running this from the UK? Is this true? I'll post back with something to help solve this, I know for a fact that when you are sharing the connection you want th PPoE setting.

-Luis

Sorry about that Kyzzar I didn't see your posts, before I made the one on top, I did some research and I found out that your running this from the UK? Is this true?  I'll post back with something to help solve this, I know for a fact that when you are sharing the connection you want th PPoE setting. 

-Luis

Dear Luis,

Im in the Philippines

My internet was ruuning here base on the win2k

The internet it working properly but in the mandrake 10.0 cant work it.

actually i have 5 IP address that gave to me of my ISP here

In windows 2000 I have two lan card there the other one lan card I put one IP there and the second lan card I setup the internet sharing so my other 5 pc is connected to the win2k which is it can be internet...

I have one computer i installed the mandrake 10.0community

so 5 IP address is now four IP left because the one i used it in win2k

so 4 IP remaining..now i used one again to my Mnadrake 10.0 so meaning 3 remaining IP left...

The same DSL Modem and One HUB Im using it meaning my Mandrake box is connected to the HUB which is connected to the DSL MOdem.

So everytime I put the IP address to the mandrake 10.0 nothing happen always failed.

Thanks

Regards

Kyzzar

What we wound up doing was adding

GATEWAYDEV=eth0

in /etc/sysconfig/network

and then we went into MCC to Boot -> Bootloader and checked the box to Force no APIC and then rebooted.

Dear Omar,

Thanks to you...My Internet its working properly

i can already connect in the internet...

Yehey......Thanks to all of you...

Thanks

Regards

Kyzzar

Well, I tried to edit my post earlier but had some difficulties. It was really LiquidZoo that did all the work. He had Kyzzar hook on cable from hub to modem and then one cable to win2k box from hub and another from hub to mdk. Then added info from ISP in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 as far as network and ip address and netmask. Then I just wrapped it up with the above. I really didn't do anything spectacular...the work was all Luis and LiquidZoo

Now just try to imagine Microsoft trying to help a customer solve a problem like that.

The fact that our good friend from the Philippines had english language problems (hell I cannot speak anything other than English) as well as setup problems yet the determined cooperation of a group of volunteers worked it out and so we have another happy Linux member.

Fantastic work fellers, congratulations.

Cheers. John.

Now just try to imagine Microsoft trying to help a customer solve a problem like that. 

The fact that our good friend from the Philippines had english language problems (hell I cannot speak anything other than English) as well as setup problems yet the determined cooperation of a group of volunteers worked it out and so we have another happy Linux member.

Fantastic work fellers, congratulations.

Cheers.                  John.

Dear John,

Thanks....

Regards

Kyzzar