Have you tried Galaxy Squared?

lawsonrc

A suggestion: have you tried Galaxy Squared?

If you've been using the default Galaxy 2 theme in MDK10 and are getting tired of the circled minimized, maximize/restore, and close buttons, then this might be for you.

Although I favor the rounded look for windows, etc., the circled buttons are a little small (for my not so youthful eyes), and I find the squared buttons not only to be more "eye friendly", but even more attractive then the rounded, especially with the very subtle varient blue mixed with the silver in the background of each button.

Well done, Mandrake!

As the old lady with a thick New York Brooklyn (?) accent in an American TV commercial used to say (I think it was about Wendy's Hamburgers, but not sure):

TRY IT! YOU'LL LIKE IT!

Richard L.

So Darkelve, which distro are you using now?

I guess I'm a little "distro slut", as on my 2nd HD (120 GB), I have several distros to play with...I rotate which one I use weekly. I decide which one will be my "critical" one that I don't customize, and the other ones I configure and customize which I try not to "break" or "hose"..but if I do I can quickly do an "upgrade" (in MDK10 OE) or just reinstall as a last resort.

So Darkelve, which distro are you using now?

SuSe 9.1 Professional.

I'm happy with it. Lot's of folks don't really dig it, but it feels right for me personally. Tell the truth I felt at home in Mandrake as well, but I never got my network connection working. I didn't have to try that with SuSe, all my hardware was detected from the start.

That said, it DOES take some getting used to.

One of the best things about it is YOU, which lets me know when there are security or other updates and makes it easy to install those. The thing compiled 2 kernels for me already when there was a security update. Pretty nice stuff.

And it has a lot of software I like on those CD's. Actually I'm using the DVD 32-bit version know to install everything. Sure beats switching between 5 CD's all of the time.

I'm telling you I'm enjoying my Linux. Hardly ever boot into windows anymore (really!) except to play Morrowind.

You'd better bet with all hardware I am going to buy in the future I will check if it's Linux-compatible!

Edited by Darkelve

Quote from myself:

Hardly ever boot into windows anymore (really!) except to play Morrowind.

It has been quite a journey though... :lol: 2 years ago I never would have suspected this.

I see you're also a Noia person ;) (my FireFox looks exactly the same as yours)

You know there are noia icons for KDE as well, don't you?

Here's my screeny:

Edited by Darkelve

Morrowind runs just fine with transgamings cedegna.

i play it often within linux.

It's not Mwind or Cedega I have problems with. It's my nvidia drivers... I think.

I have AGPart=0. Any other way my X screen crashes or freezes. And Mwind is a little slow at the moment, although it runs. In my experience, performance and quality is not really comparable between MW on Windoze and MW on Linux/Cedega. I don't know what the problem is exactly, but it's not important enough to put a lot of work into it right now.

Other people seem to be able to get a lot better quality than me though.

Edited by Darkelve