kernel-smp-2.6.3.4mdk-1-1mdk
kernel-source-2.6.3-7mdk
kernel-2.6.3.4mdk-1-1mdk
kernel-2.6.3.7mdk-1-1mdk

2.6.3.7, but it also runs with 2.6.3.4

Edited by william

é só digitar isso q funciona?

nao entendi esse comando

Esse comando lista os rpms que vc tem instalado na máquina, no exemplo eu pedi para listar todos os rpms que continham a palavra kernel. Eu quis lhe mostrar que o HT funciona no kernel 2.6.3.4 e 2.6.3.7. :joker:

It's not necessary to compile the kernel to have HT support.

Edited by william

not to be the typical english-speaking person, but when possible please translate your comments into english. feel free to post both in your native language, but please provide an english translation so other users can contribute and so that the moderators of this board can more easily do their jobs. Thanks guys ;)

not to be the typical english-speaking person, but when possible please translate your comments into english. feel free to post both in your native language, but please provide an english translation so other users can contribute and so that the moderators of this board can more easily do their jobs. Thanks guys ;)

Sorry, tyme. Actually, he asked me what is the grep command for and I explained to him in Portuguese, that's it.

When I installed Mandrake 10 (Powerpack), it automatically detected that I had an "HT capable" processor and added "SMP" entries in LILO (i.e.) 2.6.3-7mdk-p3-smp-64GB which is what I set as default so the Kernel detects that I have "2" processors CPU0 and CPU1 and 1 GB of memory.

Other Kernel options made available by the install in LILO (without SMP) only detected 1 processor, or (without the 4 or 64 GB) detected less than my 1 GB of memory.

Here is a snapshot of Gkrellm showing the Kernel I am currently using (2.6.3-15mdk-p3-smp-64GB) and 2 CPUs plus other info from lm_sensors:

snapshot2.png