AMD Athlon XP equiv. to Intel Pentium 4 1.3ghz

Urza9814

Aight, I need the AMD Athlon XP equivalent to the Intel Pentium 4 1.3GHz...I realized I needed a new graphics card on this comp...and I just got a $50 check late for my birthday...a ATI Radeon 9200 128MB video card is only $48...I pull out my old Deus Ex II which I can't play because my stupid Dell has the only graphics card it won't work with (GeForce MX)...and I see the only other thing I need is CPU...but Intel is a bit outta my price range...AMDs look a lot cheaper...though problem is if it'd work with my mobo and stuff...since the rest of my comp is so old...can anyone gimme any help here? I can lower the graphics card a bit if I need some cash...but that has to be a 'GeForce 3TI/4TI/FX or Radeon 8500/9xxx or higher (pixel shader required)'...and I've still got some money coming sometime from another aunt...she's always late with these things :P...but currently I've only got a total of about $90...oh, and whatever I get has to be MDK 9.2 compatible...

so...any possibility whatsoever of this happening, or am I tottaly insane? :P

First of all... a Pentium 4 1.3 ghz? Does such a beast actually exist? It has to be really slow since P4 architecture is designed for high clock rate. Heck.. it didn't even become a contender until it broke the 2 ghz barrier.

Anyway, if you are set on AMD system, an XP2500+ Barton version seems to be the best deal, but with the change in cpu architecture, you will need to change your motherboard too.

crap...new mobo means new case...and that means I'm back in the $200 range... :(

oh well...I suppose this will have to wait...a long time...lol

though problem is if it'd work with my mobo and stuff...since the rest of my comp is so old...can anyone gimme any help here?

Your Pentium 4 1.3GHz is a Socket 423 Pentium so even the newer Pentium in the market wont work. You might still be able to find an older Pentim somewhere though (last produced 2 years ago). You memory is also either SDRAM or RDRAM.... both of which wont work with a motherboard that supports an XP2500+.