speed up firefox

chin808

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't notice any diff after I did it. My firefox was dog-slow at first, but a while back pmpatrick told me what to do to make it faster. After doing what he said, it is definately way faster. Maybe thats why I don't notice an improvement after doing these things...?

Here's where pmpatrick told me what to do:

http://www.mandrakeusers.org/index.php?sho...1&st=&p=entry

OS-X (10.2+) all pre-render the desktop in openGL so its all accelerated.

thats why you never see that tearing in mac like winblows with the empty window...

Winblows draws the windows first then waits!

when you lower the delay its probably istantaneous because of this....

OS-X (10.2+) all pre-render the desktop in openGL so its all accelerated. 

thats why you never see that tearing in mac like winblows with the empty window...

Winblows draws the windows first then waits! 

when you lower the delay its probably istantaneous because of this....

So it wasn't just me for a change :cheesy:

I've been playing with OSX alot - it's great but it's not Linux... and its filesystem is messy. :deal:

Firefox is so fast on it though...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,btw: I'm since today User of Mandrake, before I was user of Suse and RedHat.

But Mandrake is the best!

well, I'm also a veteran Firefox-User,

the tip is one of the most importants features of Firefox,the browser reloaded.

speed up firefox....

....use epiphany ;)

:lol2:

well, Firefox and Epiphany are Gecko-Engine based. But however: Firefox is better, example; more configurable.....

what do you need to config :lol:

oh I still use firetruck and used to loved it, but it's a dog now like its daddy. As I've said b4, epiphany's bkmrks suck, but if all I need to do, which is 95% of the time, is browse the daily sites and make the daily downloads I do, epiphany gets the job done almost twice as fast, and that's after the tweaks in firetruck ;) So much for configure ;) I only use firetruck now to do extensive research and filing of bookmarks for an easy file and find for future reference ....fffff....all those f's :lol: So other than bookmarks firetruck offers nothing that epiphany can't do as well or better.

More configurable is what has made it a dog ;)

devel!......STOP!!!!!

Edited by bvc

Guest wfkidd

Wow, that was a great tip! I also noticed it was taking a while to do DNS lookups so I checked out my /etc/resolv.conf file. It was pointing to the local loopback in addition to my DNS server. Now it's really quick!

wow... actually works..

Good find my friend :D

Do you mean this thread in general, or the option I found? Because I set it but I don't know if it makes a difference. I wish these options were right in the preferences, like, just a checkbox that says "Surf as fast as I can (might cause issues, use at own risk)" or something that applies all the best settings.