MPEG, AVI, MPG, etc. How do I view them?

Guest Photoman

Guest Photoman

Hi all,

I just installed MKD 10.0 Official on my business computer (home office) and I need to be able to view videos for my business. I'm not sure how to do that. If I click on a video link or try to play a downloaded video, I get a whole lot of nothing. I have Kdenlive installed on my machine but that doesn't seem to be the right kind of software. I then did a Google on Linux mpeg players and came up with one called mpg123. Not sure if it's any good. I installed it but can't, for the life of me, figure out how to get it working. I've done the ./configure, make, make install, yada yada yada, but don't know how to invoke the program and it doesn't seem to have a front end. Is there something easier I can use that will just allow me to select OPEN and then navigate to the videos and play them? I'm new to this.

:wall:

I appreciate the help. Forgive me for my ignorance but we all have to start somewhere. :help:

Thanks.

Mike