Screen Saver and Mouse Pointer

Dooley

Can someone tell me how to get the screen savers to work and also any tricks to change the size of the mouse pointer on MDK 10 Offical.

I have searched the forums and I can't find anything related to either of these problems. I have changed the screen saver settings in the Control Panel a dozen times and can't get the screen savers to activate. I have searched for anything related to changing the mouse pointer size and I can't find anything other than change the mouse cursor theme.

I don't really want any new screen savers all I want is to get what I have to work.

I also don't want any new mouse cursors all I want to do is make the one I use larger.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dooley

Posted on Jun 28 2004, 04:38 PM

Can someone tell me how to get the screen savers to work and also any tricks to change the size of the mouse pointer on MDK 10 Offical.

I have searched the forums and I can't find anything related to either of these problems. I have changed the screen saver settings in the Control Panel a dozen times and can't get the screen savers to activate. I have searched for anything related to changing the mouse pointer size and I can't find anything other than change the mouse cursor theme.

I don't really want any new screen savers all I want is to get what I have to work.

I also don't want any new mouse cursors all I want to do is make the one I use larger.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dooley

If your running KDE all you need to do is Right-click on your desktop>Configure Desktop...>Screensavers. There is a settings section to make your screensaver start to work make sure that there is an X besides " Start screensaver automatically " Also if you want other types of screensavers check the the topic on this forum labeled " Matrix Screensaver " This will tell you how to install Xscreensaver, which is a program that gives you a lot of different options of screensavers, If you get bored with that slide show ( which I did ) you might want to give xscreensaver a try.

As far as your mouse cursor I have no clue on making it bigger. Hopefully some one here will know how to.

-Luis

• 11 months later...

I too cannot get my screensavers to activate automatically. I am running MDK 10.2 and KDE 3.3 on a P4 laptop. I have changed the settings a MILLION times and still the desktop stays up after hours unattended. I have done and checked everything listed above, still nothing. Can someone please explain what is up?

I have updated with urpmi, there are no updates available. I have the GL screensavers loaded also, but they will not activate after a preset time either. NONE of the screensavers on my computer will activate automatically after a preset period of time! I have tried it with ACPI on and off.

Please Help Us.

WoMBaT

I had an issue with screensavers, and this is how it was for me, so not sure if it's the same for you. The screensaver was set for 5 mins, and when that time elapsed, it would still show the screen, but when you then moved the mouse, the password dialog box would appear (as I had selected this). Also, some screensavers would show a black screen, and nothing else.

In my situation, adding:

Section "DRI"

Mode 0666

EndSection

to xorg.conf resolved my problem.