Firefox Fonts

deiz

I don't want the serif/times kinda font, i can't get the settings changed to make it a font without tails (i.e arial or something). I have also asked about why my dispalay is so misty compared to windoze in the hardware thread, i don't know it they can be related, just seems so unclear to me. I don't like the weird and misty world of linux yet! Sorry, any fixes?

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

hmm.. i changed all my kde-fonts in the control center to some lovely sans serif fonts and firefox added them right away.. if that doesn't work: did you try the firebird-menu "edit-> preferences-> fonts" panel?

btw. what graphic card do you use that produces a misty image?

Edited by arctic

To change the fonts used for rendering web sites, go to Edit -> Preferences -> General -> Fonts&Colors and switch the fonts.

Regarding anti-aliased fonts: Depends on a number of things. What libfreetype-Version you're running, what fonts you're using, settings in your desktop environment's control panels etc.. For firefox, give this a shot:

a) enter about:config in the address bar.

B) search for the different font.FreeFype2 entries. Some installations seem to render fonts more clearly if you enalbe the autohinted option / disable the unhinted option etc.. Feel free to play around with these settings, you might need to restart firefox after changing 'em.

For an example what fonts look like on my system, see the attached file. That's with autohinted 'true' and unhinted 'false'.

-Sascha.rb

post-31-1088363951.gif

Edited by nggalai

wow, that 'about:config' thing is quite cool, tried some options, i switched on 'browser.turbo' he he, as for changing the fonts, i think it's solely down to the 'x-free86' system, so now comes the hard bit.... aaaaaghhh! thx anyway, any more suggetions?