misty graphics (not so sharp like windoze)

deiz

Any know why my graphics seem so much softer than windows? I don't like it, I've got ATI Radeon 9000 and a 15"TFT, I can tell the difference instantly that windows is much sharper and clearer.

Any ideas on what is going on and a fix? Thanks

[moved from Hardware by spinynorman]

ello

Erm, you must tell us a bit more. Are you running a window manager (like KDE, Gnome, Enlightenment, etc)? Have you configured your monitor/graphics cards correctly? Are you using a theme with your window manager?

What resolution are you running your system at?

Regards,

Armond

ok here goes.... i'm using ATI Radeon 9000, KDE 3.2, and i've done some tweaks etc, monitor is 15tft, drivers should be ok, and resolution is 1024x768 running at 24bit and i'm guessing here sending 72hz to the monitor. i auto configured my monitor, that helped a bit, things still seems a big edgy and blurry :(, but not so misty. i think the fonts are screwed up in some way, i was assuming everything would have been configured with such a new version of linux etc.

Does it look blurred in screenshots, too, or only specifically on your screen? Can you post a screenshot, please?

-Sascha.rb

hey, i won't post a pic, to be honest with u, when i clicked 'auto' on my monitor it was a lot better, even centred the thing too, but the main issue now is that my 'web fonts' are a bit blurry, i've got another post for that one somewhere else, maybe i will have to get the ms true type fonts