Help with Mandrake

Jet2k5

/usr/local/mozilla/plugins

That should be a correct path. Or some variation of it.

Using konqorer look for the netscape and mozilla directories. They should be in /usr/local/

Like with everything linux once you have an idea of what or were everything is its jalf the fight.

You can add flash to any browser plug in directory as long as you know where the directory is. They are normally in the browsers directory so that makes things simple.

I have these as plug-in paths:

/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

/usr/lib/netscape/plugins

among many others

To uninstall things... it is probably best to use the "Remove Software" menu item. You should find it at:

K -> System -> Configuration -> Packaging -> Remove Software

or you could use

urpme

but this could wipe out an entire desktop (due to dependancies) with a quick slip on the <enter> key.

Thanks guys for the help,

Im not on my computer I'm on a friends right now. For some reason his computer frezeez when theres a certain amouts of programs running. I think it is because we don't have the 3rd cd and we didn't install it.

My other question is I would like to change my sceensaver. We would like something like the matrix coding and so that it moves and stuff. But we can't seem to find any linux sites that offer this we found one but the download was .exe which I guess linux does not run. Also on top of all we have no idea how to do it so if you guys can help us change a screensaver and if anyone has a link to some webpage that really does have linux screensavers it will be great.

-Luis

Does is Konqueror in Urpmi can I run a plug in to Konq? Also how do I acces those directories when I do they say that they don't make since.

My other question is I would like to change my sceensaver. We would like something like the matrix coding and so that it moves and stuff. But we can't seem to find any linux sites that offer this we found one but the download was .exe which I guess linux does not run. Also on top of all we have no idea how to do it so if you guys can help us change a screensaver and if anyone has a link to some webpage that really does have linux screensavers it will be great.

If what you seek is not on your Install CD's, and not in the contribs folder on Mandrake ftp sites, then check out PLF's site:

ftp://ftp.easynet.fr/plf/mandrake/10.0/i586/

xscreensaver-matrix-4.14-4plf.i586.rpm

(never installed this yet, so can't help much right now, )

As for your friend and the freezes, just open a new thread (in the hardware section... cause that is the most likey cause of the problem... not because of not having CD3) Explain as much as possible about what he is running, his hardware, and where it freezes.

What do I do with it, I installed it and nothing happeneds. how do I run it or whatever? do I use this code

rpm -Uvh  xscreensaver-matrix-4.14-4plf.i586.rpm

Or what? anyways I already did something like that but it does not show up in the " available screensaver" What to do?

-Luis

Try running this from a terminal:

xscreensaver

I decided to install it later last night, and found I needed to start this screensaver program this way.

ALSO, why rpm -U... should of been rpm -ivh (being a new program your installing)

Thanks Scoopy!!! Well it doesn't work. Ther seems to be some kind of error it flashes on the screen kinda fast.

Something about the screen missing and GLX exstansion on screnn " 0.0"

What does this mean? wha should I do and if you did the same matrix screen saver did you get any error messages?

-Luis

Well thanks scoopy my friend didn't keep on looking to the ones at the bottom but he found one, but the only thing that he says is wrong with it is that it's too fast and it really doesn't look like the matrix code is looks wayyyy different. since you said that you go this installed do you think that you can provide one of us with a screen shot to see if thats the one or did you get a different one than what we did or what. or if not then I guess how can we fix that GXL not supported speil.

-Luis