Truetype font

Buster

• 2 months later...
Copy your ttf font files to:

/home/$user/.fonts

For kde: open kde control center --> system ---> fonts

The new fonts should appear.

Don't know for gnome, but restarting gnome should do it.

I have done this and all the new fonts are available to most packages (KDE, OpenOffice< etc) except GIMP. It worked fine with Mdk9.2 but I am now using Mdk10.0 on another machine and GIMP can't seem to see the files.

Any suggestions anyone?

Which version of GIMP?

Works with gimp2 - but that is not installed as default in 10.0 :unsure:, still the old gimp 1.x ...

Setup your urpmi sources, add contrib, and then as root:

# urpmi gimp2

p.s. welcome, Mike, on Mandrakeusers.org :-)

Edited by anna

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

In MDK 10.0 I imported founts from my W98 partitions. It was tedious work but it got done. Now I have moved to 10.1 and it seems to have become impossible, at least if I go along the "add fonts" route. My fount files are zipped: TTF, PFB and PFM separately. Can I copy the ZIPs to MDK and unzip them? If yes, what should be their location and what is the procedure for telling MDK that they exist?

• 2 weeks later...

Following instructions posted somewhere on the Web by a person whose e-mail address begins with "ll...", I imported TTF, PFB and PFM faces from one of my Win 98 partitions. The procedure involved making sub-dirs under /usr/share/fonts, then running "ttmkfdir -o fonts.scale" and "mkfontdir" on each, then pointing to these sub-dirs in /etc/X11/fs/config, and finally doing "xset fp rehash" and "/etc/rc.d/init.d/xfs restart". Most faces now show up in most applications. However, Courier New and Cumberland look exactly the same when printed out. Monotype.com is OK.

How do I undo what I have done and follow the advice of Anna and Iphitus?