kernel 2.6.7 and mdk 10

duardito

Hello, I have a problem , I have compiled kernel 2.6.7 all goes well but when I try to install some packages from dvdrom instalation, system doesn't recognise any cdroms, somebody happens this?

[moved from Terminal Shell, etc by spinynorman - welcome to the board :) ]

I have the same problem. At bootup I get "fs type supermount not supported by kernel" when it trys to auto mount both my cdroms. I'm not sure if I missed a kernel option to enable supermount when I compiled the 2.6.7 kernel. If I find anything I'll be sure to post it!!

could you not remove supermount from your /etc/fstab file and manually mount the drives you need (or is the problem that supermount is not included anymore and you want it back?)

supermount is no t included in this kernel and when I try to mount it manually I always get a message like this

"[12:14:01/0][root@claudia:~]# mount /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrw -t iso9660 -o ro

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,

or too many mounted file systems "

so if I can not enter to any dvd or cd .

any suggestion?

supermount has been excluded of kernel 2.6.7, so I dont know what can we do.

:o

do you have some sort of changelog/announcement to back this up? I find it very hard to believe.....well, not really but :rolleyes:

google didn't do much for me

Edited by bvc

I can't look....I have no mdk :woot: I'm installing FC2 tonight after rescuing data for the past 2 days :zzz:

DevFS is depreciated....but still there ;)

....so much for udev, eh.... and udev will be EXPERIMENTAL for the next 4 years til something comes to relace it :P

Links/proof...I didn't say I wanted to look. I had the last 2.6.6 Xrc and it had sm.

everything works fine for me too, i have the 2.6.7.3 smp kernel (not that i use the smp bit, it disabled in the kernel tho not sure how, auto detection i pressume), when i had kernel 2.4.* I had that not mounting problem, so becuase my installation was very new i just reinstalled it and ity was all fine and dandy then, cool huh!