My Fedora Core Review

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, you all smoke crack ;-)

Fedora is pleny fast enough and there are a TON of packages. besides what there aren't packages for, source has always compiled cleanly on rh/fedora.

• 4 weeks later...

up to this day i have been running FC2 very smoothly :D

i am able to play mp3's, movies, stream video, my sony clie works very nice with gnome pilot and kpilot, it has never crashed on me AND all my hardware works fine without any issues.

and i thank LZ for helping me when i need some help with linux question.....i also use mdk 10 on a separate hd no complaints either...for the moment i am a FC2 user and proud to use linux!

Edited by imdeemvp

I don't really like Redhat at all, MDK! :thanks: ....was never happy with FC2, switched to mdk and never looked back. Anyone else done the same? :thumbs:

Edited by kustom

Guest digitalsuperman

hey guys...I'm using mdk at the mo'..

coz theyre saying that mdk is for linux beginners..

im planning to give another distro another shot...like fedora.

i was just wondering..

do i have to be more familiar with something in my current OS(mdk) before i jump off to another one?

if yes then what is it?

Im using a dual boot with mdk and xp..

if i install fedora will it be ok if it goes with xp??

The big diff is that there isn't anything like "MCC", so you wont have a fancy gui to config stuff. There are some basic gui config tools, but I don't use them so I can't tell you much about them. So you just need to be familar with day-to-day system commands. There isn't "urpmi" Fedora uses "yum" so there is a little diff on usage.

As far as windows, i've heard people have had problem dual booting. I don't use windows, but i did test this on 4 box's because I was rebuilding them anyways so i through xp on and then fc2 and 4 different boxs worked fine, so that is up in there air I guess weather or not you'll have the dual boot issue. However, if you do have the issuse, it is fixable.