Firefox .9 released

Pain999

Anyone else find this statement on the welcome page of the isntaller to be disturbing?

It is strongly recommended that you exit all Windows programs before running this Setup program.

If you're install in windows...no. This is a standard windows install warning, I've seen quite a few programs with it.

Anyone else find this statement on the welcome page of the isntaller to be disturbing?

It is strongly recommended that you exit all Windows programs before running this Setup program.

If you're install in windows...no. This is a standard windows install warning, I've seen quite a few programs with it.

I think he was being funny.....

......ok...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:cheeky:

I have just downloaded the previous default theme (looks much better) and I have gotten it to stop locking up. I think the lock ups have to do with the Java 1.5 (beta) plugin. The initial load of .9 seems to be much faster on my laptop with mandrake 10.1 (cooker)

Anyone try it with MDK 10.0?

I love Mozilla Firefox v.9! It works great & fast on my mdk10 box but like many others have said the default theme is UGLY!

theme sucks hugely

and they made so many cool improvements to the old one in the nightlies leading up to the final... such a crime :(

Well, I love the new theme! It's kind of a cross between Nuvola and Amaranth. Well, it's like this on my NT box anyway. Importing settings and bookmarks from 0.8 went great; and it seems faster and/or more responsive.

If you want another theme, there are plenty available on the web. Only problem: the icon is ugly and I can't change that here. But if that's the only problem, then what am I worrying about.

Just for the record: when is FireFox 1.0 ('final') expected?