Mandrake 10 for amd 64 release?

imwithstupid

I don't think we need to start discussing Mandrakes shortcomings here...it's somewhat off-topic.

well the question is what will be released ....

will the nvidia installer work with it or not ? etc

Im starting to feel like MDK are putting more and more crippleware functions into DLoad editions.... the whole enterprise kernel thing is a bit weird ... why not have it mainstream 4GB ? except this gives them a metric to differentiate their clients...

So they make it so lots of stuff wont work with the DL edition and the enterprise kernel ??? since they know by definition you must be able to afford to pay if you can afford 1GB RAM???

i.e. someone running a P266 with 64MB is unlikely to be a potential powerpack buyer wheras AMD64 with 2GB RAM you are.... so they make sure it doesnt work for you becuase if you can afford the hardware they figure you can afford $129 for a 4CD edition....

Mandrake Move DL is crippleware... on the same theory if someone pays for a decent USB stick they can also afford MDK move!

I dont see any statements about what is included.... Look at the PC version still abandoned in 9.1....

just becuase they call it 10 doesnt mean it will be equal to the 10 powerpack... in terms of packages etc. so going back to the point...

it might be this week or next month but if its crippleware then its pointless and if its still not got half the available packages its pointless.

just an update....

I was just at KDE.org and for instance Suese has RPMS's for 3.2.3 in AMD64 and x86 whereas mandrake only has x86.

this is partly what I mean about commitment....

if Mandrake dont intend to do it seriously and let iot be a poor cousin they shouldnt bother... (like PPC version stuck in 9.1)

anyway Ive ordered Suse 9.1 pro.... just waiting for delivery... now if only they had a tablet version too.....

I don't think we need to start discussing Mandrakes shortcomings here...it's somewhat off-topic.

well the question is what will be released ....

no, the question was:

Does anyone know when Mandrake 10 for amd 64 will be released online for download?

:D

the answer to which is, "we don't know yet" :P

I already bought it.

Its actually not bad but ... I hate YAST with a vengence.

Im back in dephell after mandy/deb/gentoo and it really hurts...

I think its worse with the 64 bit version but it sure made me appreciate mandy....

however it is a lot cheaper than Mandy and i guess the 64 bit versionj is free with the 32 bit cos its not 100% yet!

However from the stuff on the DVD's its rock solid....

It is the sorta distro might be good for work more than home IMHO...

I already bought it.

Its actually not bad but ... I hate YAST with a vengence.

Im back in dephell after mandy/deb/gentoo and it really hurts...

I think its worse with the 64 bit version but it sure made me appreciate mandy....

however it is a lot cheaper than Mandy and i guess the 64 bit versionj is free with the 32 bit cos its not 100% yet!

However from the stuff on the DVD's its rock solid....

It is the sorta distro might be good for work more than home IMHO...

I feel that... Im doing everything from XP right now... I have 9.1 pro for 64 but am having alot of troubles getting it to see my eth card/ controller. WAHHH I have tried a few things, but w/o the internet its about as good as a soup sandwich. I like some things, but overall miss mandy horribly... I bought this distro for the 64bit ver. It has been buggy to say the least, if I could jus get online I could get nvida drivers and be happy... update the sys and rock this athlon fx like it needs to be rocked... oh well support isnt so nice imho... good luck... still waiting for mandy 64 :jester:

if you want, chin808, you can get on IRC and myself, HJ, and vampyregeek (aka mystified) can walk you though a gentoo install.... :D

then you could -really- rock that athlon fx!

this has been rolling around my mind for the past few days! heh I might do it if there is a way I can keep the data I moved off my ide drive to the SATA (suse) drive to make room on my ide for winxp. I have alot of pictures and all my old mixes/ demos as mp3's that I cant let go of! I have been reading on linuxquestios.org about another user with my same problem in 9.1. Its strange, I jus wish I hadnt paid $60 for a distro I cant even use. :oops:

-C