Main Actor 5

Dru

I just tried to install Main Actor 5 and it tells me it cannot be installed because of unsatisfied libraw1394. I did urpmi libraw1394 and it tells me that everything is already installed. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. :furious3:

I would either try finding another Main Actor rpm from somewhere else or try uninstalling libraw1394 and then try installing the two together. It usually helps if the file and its dependencies come from same place.

What are your running and where did you get these files? Is this a Mandrake rpm ( if you are running mandrake )

I downloaded it directly from the Main Actor site http://www.mainconcept.com/ you can download the linux trial version for free. It is not a mandrake rpm. I have considered uninstalling libraw1394 but it tells me about 20 some odd programs that will be affected if I uninstall it. Will that remove those programs as well because they depend on libraw1394?

It would be nice IF they mentioned which Distro and version of Linux, as well as type of Video Card (Consumer or Workstation)!! I would be willing to bet it is either Redhat or SuSE, in that order.

I did the force install as described. Didn't take long for me to uninstall the program. Looks like an early beta. Tried to load an .avi and .mpeg file and it told me it didn't recognize these filetypes. Oh well, maybe someday the Linux community will have a digitial video editing package thats actually usable.

Thanks for you help

Have you tried kino? I have it installed here after inserting ohci 1394 and raw 1394 modules manually, but it has some limitations regarding file formats and as far as I'm concerned anything will replace the offer of good video editing softwares as you have for windows. .

Cinelerra despite of being ranked as an option to replace adobe premiere is not user friendly (considering my ex widows experience on this sort of application) and according to what I heard it'is buggy, I succeeded in making it work but didn't realize how to use its tools due to lack of patience and time to learn it. Do a google search and you will find some people sharing experiences in trying video editing under linux.

Good luck.

Edited by william

Should of remembered this...

It did that to me too at first. Had to install like this:

rpm -U --force --nodeps hvirtual*.rpm

(as per their instructions at: http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra/cinele...ml#INSTALLATION )

Haven't gotten any further than being able to get it started. I need to play with it some more.

Messed around with cinelerra a bit tonight. After trying several versions and trying various other rpms (hoping to fill in the gaps that seemed to be missing I ended up deleting it. It didn't want to play any of my videos, even tho I got all the major codecs installed and mplayer plays them all fine. I'm with william on this being too buggy at this time. Maybe someday it will the killer video app we want.

• 9 months later...
Guest zimbres
I just tried to install Main Actor 5 and it tells me it cannot be installed because of unsatisfied libraw1394.  I did urpmi libraw1394 and it tells me that everything is already installed.  Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. :furious3:

I have two computers with Mandrake 10.1. They don't have the same configuration respect hardware (different video card, etc). In one the Main Actor 5.2.12 works nicely, but on the other I didn't success install de same version of Main Actor. It returns an error about the libraw1394, but that is already installed, as I saw with urpmi. It is the same problem as yours.