Problem with Monitor

Guest rock

Hello,

After installing Mandrake 10.0 CE, I got a virtual screen as explained on one of the post here, but I cannot find solution how to solve it.. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks

RK

Hello tyme,

" then scroll down to the bottom of your XF86Config-4 file and there will be a section regarding which things to load. "

" Thanks tyme it worked. Now I can use the mouse to click on the icons.

However,three icons; floppy, Hard Disk, Trash and Welcome appear on top of the screen but cannot see the lower bar where web browser, terminal program, and etc are are located at the same time I have to move the cursor up and down on the screen in order to see either the top or bottom icons. I have tried to adjust my screen but no success."

Can I use the above file (Conf-4) to adjust my monitor resolution and how? My monitor experiences similar problem as the above and which a member said was virtual monitor and which was due to different of resolution set on monitor and that set by mandrake 10.0.

Any help?

Thanks

RK

Since you can get to a semi-usable GUI then I'll assume your running KDE.

Goto the MCC(Mandrake Controle Center) The small screen icon with the wrench on it.

Then the HardWare icon.

And in there you should find an Icon for your screen resolution, monitor, and graphical server.

try the resolution one first. If that doesn't work try the monitor then the graphical server. Something should help. If just not post back.

Hello,

" Then the HardWare icon.

And in there you should find an Icon for your screen resolution, monitor, and graphical server.

try the resolution one first. If that doesn't work try the monitor then the graphical server. "

I tried all but I still have to move cursor up and down in order to see window on the bottom.

Thanks

RK