Where is mandrakeuser.org ?

liberforce

(the domain is owned by mandrakesoft , while mandrakeusers.org is owned by anon)

correction...paul owns the domain name, anon owns the server ;) (i know, it's a little :screwy: )

many people have ownership = no one can disappear in to thin air, and wreck havoc ;) ALA Tom

I'm confused. I thought kernow-hosting.com aka you, anon and scoopy have ownership of this board.

Scoopy Paul and myself own the webhosting company that hosts this board.

There are a number of domain names that we host.

As far as MUB is concerned,

i have always considered that the board was owned by all of us here, it doesn't matter who owns the domain name(s) or the server. What Paul stated above

many people have ownership = no one can disappear in to thin air, and wreck havoc  ALA Tom
Still holds true.

but, technically speaking, you, paul and scoopy "own" the board. unlike if i were to, say, purchase space on a shared server and host a website or board there. in my example, i would own it (the board and the space that it occupies - no the physical server), according to the legal agreement which is in place with the hosting company. In this case, we have no such agreement, and so are technically at the will of you, scoopy, and paul.

In other words, we have to trust you ;) And you look kind of shady in that car of yours, I must say :o :jester:

The most important part of this board is the data base.

There is nothing to stop you or any mod from deleting every post and topic here. We just trust that you won't do it.

There is nothing to stop Mysti or Cannonfodder deleting the entire database and shutting the board down. They can do it any time they choose or feel like it.

We all have to trust each other.

many people have ownership = no one can disappear in to thin air, and wreck havoc  ALA Tom

Still holds true.

But many people do not have ownership. If paul disappeared (which I hope will never happen) then who would be able to point the dns to another server if you decide to drop us? (Not saying that would happen either) But we are only guaranteed one year of hosting in return for the ads on this board.

Yes, we do have to trust. And I'm hoping for the best.

Worse case scenario.

Paul and i vanish. So, you set up another domain name on another server (with the database in you pocket) Then you use the ACP to mass e-mail or PM every user who has ever registered here, " hey! mub can now be found here" True, it would be a troublesome few days, but the board would survive.