Where is mandrakeuser.org ?

liberforce

the original mandrakeuser site (the domain is owned by mandrakesoft , while mandrakeusers.org is owned by anon) was discontinued due to lack of available resources to manage it ever since tom berger started another board (club-nihil board) and disappeared.

to maximize its original user base (who apparently have disappeared for some time because they didnt know that it moved), deno (the then maintainer of mdkclub) redirected all visitors to the club site.

what exactly are you looking for? the docs has been mirrored in our doc page.

ciao!

I was not looking for something special, but even if i knew that this website had little update, I sometimes get back there just to see if something had improved... I found that strange that all this information had disapeared that way, with no mention about it either on the club or on mandraklinux.com

Could you please tell me where exacly these pages have been mirrored ?

Thanks in advance !

(the domain is owned by mandrakesoft , while mandrakeusers.org is owned by anon)

correction...paul owns the domain name, anon owns the server ;) (i know, it's a little :screwy: )

(the domain is owned by mandrakesoft , while mandrakeusers.org is owned by anon)

correction...paul owns the domain name, anon owns the server ;) (i know, it's a little :screwy: )

many people have ownership = no one can disappear in to thin air, and wreck havoc ;) ALA Tom

Guest anon
many people have ownership = no one can disappear in to thin air, and wreck havoc ;) ALA Tom

Exactly !! :thumbs:

Mystified also makes a daily backup of the database and has a copy of this board as a third safety measure.

who owns what? what own who? :screwy: ? what is :screwy:?

its all tyme's fault!

wait... wasn't it supposed to go like "its all paul's fault"?

so its really all paul and tyme's fault?!?!? :unsure:

oohhh... my head hurts... gotta lie down.....

ciao!

• 2 months later...
Guest jago25_98

Even though I don't use Mandrake anymore after switching to Gentoo (to push myself to learn),

I still see this as a great shame.

Yes, the docs are mirrored here but you have to be a member to view them. While I have a membership number and card in my original mandrake 6.2 box I can't be bothered to go through all that. I probably have a username and password but I've either forgotton or need to reregister.

However, even for members it's a shame because the information was so well written that I continued to use the site for every subject it covered.

I have just tried to use the site as a reference for the gpg generate new key procedure because it's one of the best written, especially in layout and clarity.

I think a downfall of the site could have been singling out mandrake because although it's handy to avoid confusion it meant that many non mandrake users who would have found it very useful didn't know about the site.

Fortunately I have a slightly outdated copy of the site docs on my HD thanks to the EXCELLENT `download website as a file and read offline` option that was on the website.

I guess I could see this happening but I'm a student without much money to fix it. I certainly don't feel capable (with time or ability) to do as well as the guy who originally run it.

While I mostly use Gentoo docs now these are more useful more the more compilcated subjects. The mandrakeuser docs are still useful for the common basic tasks and as a command reference.

Because of this I'd like to see the docs available online for all.

Yes, the docs are mirrored here but you have to be a member to view them. While I have a membership number and card in my original mandrake 6.2 box I can't be bothered to go through all that. I probably have a username and password but I've either forgotton or need to reregister.

I think you can still visit the pages via:

http://mandrakeuser.org

No need to login nowhere...