Easiest way to restrict KDE access?

mysticpain

Hello, what is the easiest way to restrict access to the KDE desktop environment? I have Mozilla firefox restricted from accessing certain sites and I need to restrict access to the KDE environment. I need an option better than having the taskbar hide, so people can't type url's into the run command box.

Edited by mysticpain

If you want to restrict access to the whole desktop, use Lock Screen in the main menu. If you are just trying to restrict access to the web from the desktop, you can run kcontrol and go to Components -> File Associations and click the plus sign next to 'text' and remove all the apps associated with .htm(l), but that will still bring up a 'Run With...' dialog box.

Edited by Steve Scrimpshire

Actually, I have firefox configured to reject the sites I don't want them to visit. I just need to know how to limit or restrict their access to the desktop. For instance I don't want them to be able to go into the task bar and use run command to go to a site I don't want them at. In fact I don't want them to access anything on the desktop. I just want the browser to boot by default...which I already have configured as well... and lock any access to anything on the desktop environment.