Mandrake Product Key

Guest nebs

Guest nebs

Hi everybody,

This isn't a technical question but...

I bought the Mandrake 10 PowerPack cds (cds only) and with the deal you're supposed to get 1 month free mandrakeclub membership but they require a product key to register. If anybody else has ordered the PowerPack, where can I find the product key? The only things that I got in the package are a receipt and the cds... none of them have any numbers that look like the product key that they need.

I bought an official boxed mdk9.2 - the 'product key' was on a slip of paper within the box (an A4 folded in half - looked like a photocopy sheet) - I've since 'misplaced' it and now don't know the number.

Your right though, I've emailed Mandrake several times and NEVER receievd a reply.

I've email the web administrator and NEVER had a reply.

I've tried to use Mandrake Expert and NEVER had a reply.

It seems that I can't get in topuch with Mandrake unless I'm parting with some cash.

I've had emails from Mandrake Club kindly reminding me that my trial subscription was coming to an end - but on the grounds that I bought a version (before even trialing the software) thinking this would help support Linux in some little way - and at the same time I'd receive some level of support - just the kinda thing a complete newbie might need? I don't neccessarily expect my problems to be resolved, however, I've never even received any kind of an acknowledgment, which I think is pretty poor, so I have up to now refused to join club.

Don't get me wrong - though as a newbie I'm having some problems, I can see the potential and am just biding my time. But I don't want to part with any more cash if I'm not getting the bare minimum of support which was promised. :cheeky: