Linux vs Macitontosh

SwiftDeath

If there is one company that can truely put M$ in its place, they will be the one.

:thumbs:

if their Linux commercials are any sign of things to come...it should be interesting :thumbs:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just clarifications....

The G5 is actually called a 5... becuase its actually based on but better than IBM's own Power 4....

The worlds fastest fp CPU prior to the G5 !

They prob will move onto the G5's... thing is its a whole new architecture so its a bit of a pain to port everything but doubtless it will happen .. or they wait for IBM's Power 5 and do it on IBM clusters...

Either way somewhere between IBM and Apple lies the perfect computer :D

If only IBM had more style.... etc. but apple have so much they can spare plenty....

I also think that *nix is *nix.....

when it boils down to it your either MS or not ....

if its *nix then it all works together so its not that important...

use IBM for the disks and controllers and CPU's and SGI for the graphics subsys and get apple to make the box and GUI ... thogh not forgetting SGI make nice boxes and pretty if outdated GUI's....

(then again NextStep wass nice too)

drooooolllll

Macs are cool

A base OSX install are more usable than a base windows install

OSX is just as user friendly as Windows or Linux, if not more

OSX looks cool.

And, dont anyone dare say a negative thing about Macs if they havent used OSX.

MacOS9 and below sucked, ill admit that.

Kaiocool: Go out and buy a G5 for yourself, and if you still think Macs are the end of the world, ill buy it off you. (well actually i wont -- but i would, i only have $150AU :( )

iphitus

(then again NextStep wass nice too)

For anyone that didn't realise large chunks of nextstep (plus or minus various capitalisation) has been included in MAC OSX, which makes the pdf display system (as opposed to ps in nextstep) possible - one of the reasons why it looks so much better than most other systems.

Either way somewhere between IBM and Apple lies the perfect computer

Here here

I'm getting flash backs to drooling over powerbooks and huge cinema displays in fnac Paris :headbang:

I'm getting flash backs to drooling over powerbooks and huge cinema displays in fnac Paris 

Yep FNAC do all their screen display from powerbooks...

which FNAC was it... the one in CNIT at La defense (since I know you were there).. the one on Bld St Germain is even more droolworthy ...

I think Ix says it

OSX is just as user friendly as Windows or Linux, if not more

If you never used Windows then the Macs are IMHO much friendlier...

Of course Linux KDE is friendly to a windows user because of the familiarirty, right down to right mouse button etc.

Yep I knew the nextstep connection ... even more impressive is the accelerated desktop.... in 10.2 and above .....

But also like Iph says you could buy it off someone, Macs hold their price pretty good ... unlike windows machines....

the whole Pixar comeback and experience is great though and this REALLY saved Mac....

like I say I dont own one, Im defending them becuase they deserve to be defended becuase they make brilliant machines i wish I could afford!

which FNAC was it... the one in CNIT at La defense (since I know you were there).. the one on Bld St Germain is even more droolworthy ...

I went to at least three FNAC's in Paris. CNIT at La defense, the one on CdG, and one in a shopping centre near the Pompidou (I forget the name). We need FNAC here in the UK, its ace.