ClanLib

Dru

I am compiling a program and it is telling me that ClanLib/core.h is not present. I am sure I installed clan lib properly, what could be the problem (library linking, ???). How can I check to see if ClanLib was installed properly? BTW, I am new to linux please spell everything out for me.

Also, I am using Mandrake v10.0

Thanks

Edited by Dru

How did you install ClanLib? If you installed it from a RPM then as well as the actual program RPM you also need to install the "devel", which gives all the header files needed to compile other programs that require it. This would look something like:

Clanlib-1.0-mdk.i586.rpm

Clanlib-devel-1.0-mdk.i586.rpm

To check whether you have them already installed you can use the MDK Control Centre. Select the Remove option under Software and do a seach for ClanLib. It it turns up then its installed.

Edited by mtweidmann

Yes, everything is going to /usr/local/include. I moved it to /usr/include and when I try to ./configure it still tells me that ClanLib/core.h is not present. I have even tried to move the ClanLib/core.h to various locations and it still won't find it. I think I'm in over my head but I'm going to keep plugging away.